WEBINAR | The Future of Law | Professor Sarah Green and Stevie Ghiassi
19 February 2021
The legal landscape is rapidly evolving and lawmakers are up against it to keep pace with evolving technologies.
Our Head of Blockchain and Senior Solicitor Will Foulkes and our Legal Engineer, Jay Smith, were joined by the Professor Sarah Green, Law Commissioner for Commercial and Common Law, and Stevie Ghiassi, CEO and Co-Founder of Legaler to tackle this interesting conundrum.
Paying attention to the game-changing developments in blockchain and crypto assets, the webinar began with an overview on blockchain from Will, followed by a Q&A with our panelists.
Beginning with an overview on blockchain from Will, the panelists answered the following questions:
– How do you see technologies changing the role of a lawyer, if at all? 13.54
– If we’re removing the need for intermediaries, what role does the lawyer play in a future where more smart contracts are prevalent? What skills does a lawyer need for this? 19.57
– Is the law commission currently reviewing the legal status of property? 30.29
– Is there a solution to the huge computing and NGO overheads required to effect the proof of work required by blockchain and blockchain currencies? 42.14
– With regards to smart contracts, one of the manin concerns is that even highly skilled experts have not been able to prove solutions that prevent theft. How can the legal industry make smart contracts safe? 48.27
– To what extent would closer regulation be helpful? 52.02
– The idea for a global consensus on treating these things is coming to the fore. Is there an appetite for global standards around these technologies?
– How do we make sure that unconscious bias doesn’t end up in AI?
– What do you hope that technology will bring to law? 1.15.19
Find Will on LinkedIn
Find Jay on LinkedIn
Find Sarah on LinkedIn
Find Stevie on LinkedIn
PLEASE NOTE – The above webinar took place on Wednesday 17th February at 10:00pm GMT. Updates may have been introduced after this webinar was recorded. If you have any questions please contact email@example.com.
As art moves into the digital space, it’s become increasingly difficult…
The existence of blockchain elevates the level of trust businesses can attain…
WEBINAR | The Future of Law Part 2 | Professor Sarah Green and Stevie Ghiassi 23 March 2021 Modern technologies are...
Get in touch
We’d love to talk about how we can help your business.
Subscribe to our newsletter