You’re a visitor to our website
If you’re a visitor to our website, you can find out more about the purposes we will collect and use your personal data for, and other important information, below.
What personal data do we collect?
- Your name and email address if you subscribe to our newsletter
We also collect and use aggregated data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. This aggregated data could be derived from your personal data but isn’t considered personal data as this data won’t directly or indirectly reveal your identity. We don’t combine aggregated data with other data in order to identify you.
Where do we get your personal data from?
- We’ll get your personal data directly from you when you access our website
What do we use your personal data for?
- Sending you our email newsletter, where you’ve subscribed to receive it
- Administering and protecting our website through security monitoring, reporting and testing
- Where you’ve accepted advertising cookies, delivering relevant content and advertisements through LinkedIn and understanding the effectiveness of such adverts
- Improving and optimising our website and marketing
What is our lawful basis for using your personal data?
There are six available legal grounds for using personal data. The grounds relied upon by us for the above purposes are:
- We’ll rely on the consent you give when accepting non-essential cookies on our website to use your personal data for analytical and advertising purposes
- We’ll access our server logs based on our legitimate interests in protecting the security and stability of our website and understanding how our website is used by visitors
Our website uses small text files, called cookies, which are stored on your device when you access and use certain features of our website. Apart from those cookies which are strictly necessary for us to provide you with access to our website or any features that you’ve requested, we’ll only store cookies on your device if you’ve consented to this when you first access our website and every 90 days thereafter. As cookies are unique, we can use them to distinguish you from other users for the purposes described above, however we’ve configured our analytical cookies so that your IP address is anonymised.
To find out more about cookies, how to refuse them and how to change your device’s cookie settings, you should visit the ICO Cookie Guidance.
Our website uses the following cookies (categorised based on guidance produced by the International Chamber of Commerce):
We’re regulated by our regulator, the SRA, to include a ‘digital badge’ on our website so you can verify that our website is operated by us as a regulated law firm. This badge is hosted by a provider called Yoshki on behalf of the SRA and we don’t have any control over the cookies that are stored by Yoskhi when you click on our digital badge. See the Yoshki Data Security Policy for further information.
Who will we share your personal data with?
In addition to our staff (which may include self-employed consultants) and those providing technical services to us (such as cloud service providers that host our business systems), we may share your personal data with:
- External marketing agencies engaged by us, where necessary
How long will we keep your personal for?
We retain our server logs for up to 12 months. We’ve configured all of the analytics and advertising tools that we use to anonymise the IP address of your device so that we can’t identify you and we may retain this data indefinitely.
We retain marketing contact details until you unsubscribe or object to receiving direct marketing from us, or we believe you’re not longer interesting in receiving any marketing communications for us.
Get in touch
We’d love to talk about how we can help your business.
Subscribe to our newsletter