You’re a supplier (or someone who works for a supplier)
If you’re a supplier, or work for one of our suppliers, you can find out more about the purposes we will collect and use your personal data for, and other important information, below.
What personal data do we collect?
- Biographical details (name, job title and other information about you or your role)
- Contact details (both private and work, where appropriate)
- Financial details (such as personal bank account details and records of transactions with us including invoices and credit notes)
- Records of communications with us (including emails, call history and audio/video recordings, where agreed with you in advance)
Where do we get your personal data from?
- If you’re supplying to us personally, we’ll usually get your personal data directly from you
- If you work for a supplier, we may get your personal data from your colleagues
What do we use your personal data for?
- Managing the supplier relationship
- Processing payments
What is our lawful basis for using your personal data?
There are six available legal grounds for using personal data. The grounds relied upon by us for the above purposes are:
- If you’re supplying to us personally, we’ll use your personal data to perform our obligations and exercise our rights under our contract with you
- If you work for a supplier, we’ll use your personal data to manage our relationship with the supplier and obtain their services in line with our legitimate interests in doing so
- In any case, we’ll use your personal data for our legitimate interests in ensuring the security and stability of our systems (if you are given access to them for any reason)
Who will we share your personal data with?
In addition to our staff (which may include self-employed consultants) and those providing technical services to us (such as cloud service providers that host our business systems), we may share your personal data with:
- Our regulator, the Solicitors Regulation Authority
- Our outsourced regulatory compliance consultant
How long will we keep your personal for?
We retain personal data relating to our suppliers and those working for them for the duration the contract under which any goods or services are supplied and for a period of 6 years thereafter.
We retain invoices, remittance notes and supporting records for 6 years from the relevant invoice or credit note date.