You’re a potential client or referrer
If you or the person you work for are a potential client or referrer, you can find out more about the purposes we will collect and use your personal data for, and other important information, below.
What personal data do we collect?
- Biographical details (name, job title and other information about you or your role, professional and personal interests)
- Contact details (both private and work, where appropriate)
- Business information (which may or may not include your personal data)
- Records of communications with us (including emails, call history and audio/video recordings, where agreed with you in advance)
- Other personal data which is provided to or inferred by us, for example, from access or dietary requirements
Where do we get your personal data from?
- We’ll usually get your personal data directly from you, although we may also be provided with it from your colleagues, other professional advisers or referrers
What do we use your personal data for?
- Communicating with you about our services in relation to your needs or those of someone else
- Inviting you to events we think may be of interest to you
- Telling you more about the services we provide by email
What is our lawful basis for using your personal data?
There are six available legal grounds for using personal data. The grounds relied upon by us for the above purposes are:
- We’ll communicate with you about our services in response to a request directly from you or made on your behalf by another person on the basis of our legitimate interests in responding to enquiries and developing our business
- In any case, we’ll use your personal data for our legitimate interests in complying with our legal and professional obligations, reviewing and improving the quality of the services we provide and how we provide them, sharing know-how internally and training our team and ensuring the security and stability of our systems
Who will we share your personal data with?
In addition to our staff (which may include self-employed consultants) and those providing technical services to us (such as cloud service providers that host our business systems), we may share your personal data with:
- External marketing agencies engaged by us, where necessary
- Legal directories such as Chambers or Legal 500, where you’ve agreed to be a referee
How long will we keep your personal for?
Where we have recorded any information about you or your enquiry in our CRM system, we will retain this information for 5 years from the date it was entered (although if you subsequently become a client, this information may be added to your client file and retained for a further 7 years from the date such file is closed).
We retain marketing contact details until you unsubscribe or object to receiving direct marketing from us, or we believe you’re not longer interesting in receiving any marketing communications for us.
Get in touch
We’d love to talk about how we can help your business.